Thursday, June 18, 2009

It's a tough life......................


I've lived near the sea all my life but never as close as I do now.

The majority of holidays were beach ones as it's always been my favourite environment.

I never thought that I'd be lucky enough to actually be able to walk to the beach in literally two minutes.
Egypt has - except for a couple of very hot months - a lovely climate so we appreciate being outside as much as we can.

Sometimes I'm lucky enough to swim with the dolphins who pass by


We're also able to grow some stunning flowers in our garden - Hibiscus, Frangipani and Bougainvillea - as well as cactus that flower several times each year.

Yes of course there are downsides to this lifestyle but for the most part they're far outweighed by the good.

And I never, ever, forget to count my blessings.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We have many of the same plants over in Morocco. Lovely photos. Incidentally, I've found out since living in Morocco that all cactus came to the Old World from the New World. The prickly pear cactus (used for the fruits, as in your last picture, is now everywhere in Morocco.

Expat 21

Judy said...

Isn't it amazing how plants spread? During our days in Bahrain, I brought back seeds of a flowering acacia tree that were in the gardens of our hotel in Turkey and managed to grow it.
I must visit Morocco one of these days. Several of my Egyptian friends have been and they've raved about it.